Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sadness

I awoke yesterday morning to the news that Edward Kennedy died of brain cancer. I am not ashamed to say that I sat down on my couch and cried. I felt as if the nation had lost a favorite uncle. I'm pretty sure all those Kennedy kids -- who are now Kennedy adults -- looked up to him, as they lost their own fathers. From his eulogy of his brother, Robert, to his endorsement of President Obama, Senator Kennedy spoke with power, passion and love of country. He seemed to gather us in his arms and let us know that all would be all right, much like a beloved uncle would.
What upset me so much this morning and as the day went on is the sad fact that Teddy Kennedy will never be able to tell America that we'll get through it -- whatever it may be -- again. That our troubles are a mere bump on the road to our grand future.
My heart goes out to the Kennedy family.
Then, when I thought my day could not get much worse, I come home, flip to CNN and find out that Dominick Dunne passed away. I loved his show on Court (not Tru) TV. I loved reading his articles in Vanity Fair. I would daydream of what I would discuss with him, if Mr. Dunne would come to dinner. I meant to write him a fan letter. I had just been thinking about it the other day, as a matter of fact. I will miss his commentary in Vanity Fair and TruTV won't be the same without presence.
My prayers are with his family.
God Bless

No comments: