Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, August 28, 2009

Another Word on Ted Kennedy

This morning, as I am looking out at the rainy day before me, I paused to read an article about Ted Kennedy and his work for gay rights. He took the stance of equality for gays when it might have been political suicide to do so. Senator Kennedy seemed to know our struggles and our pain.

And, that lead me to remember what he said at Bobby Kennedy's funeral, "a good and decent man who saw wrong and tried to right it; who saw suffering and tried to heal it; who saw war and tried to stop it." And, I think those words, those words that whenever I've heard them again, have brought tears to my eyes, would be best served to describe Ted Kennedy. And, I don't write this to take away anything from Bobby Kennedy's work, but Ted was the survivor who got to put his words into action.

I worry about the health care in this nation now. Because the one man who could work with Republicans is gone. All ready, with Kennedy ill and out of action, the health care debate has dissolved into a yelling match. I wonder, who is going to lead us now?

God Bless us, everyone. We are going to need the Lord's help in all of this.

PS. Think about that, Van Hollen, you're decision NOT to defend Wisconsin state law is a wrong one and for that, I ask that God has mercy on your soul.

No comments: