Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

More Random Thoughts

I was going to write an in depth post about the recession and the recovery, but today I'm just dragging. So, I have a couple more random thoughts to put out there.
  • Nothing in the whole wide world is cooler than answering my phone and hearing: "Hi, Nana!" Whether Danny or Alex is the voice, it is way cool. Singing "Blue Suede Shoes" while putting them on speaker is pretty cool, too. Both boys love to sing. Can't wait to see what little Nickie does when he gets the chance. It does mean that I don't get to speak with Kim much. Kim called and while we were talking, Danny came up and asked if she was talking to me, she told him yes and he said, "Well, I want to talk to Nana." And, that was that.
  • While I thinking of the recession and the recovery, I have to say that it has been good for those of us who didn't run out and purchase huge homes or more expensive cars than we could afford. Cheryl and I have spent more money in the past six months on various purchases than I believe we did in the six months prior -- excluding spending for Christmas. I'm not saying that we're going hog wild or anything, but we've been able to buy things that prior to the recession were out of reach. Our personal recession occurred last year when unplanned events wiped out our savings twice. I should add that we are both very blessed. We still haven't been able to afford a great vacation, but I think we should do well enough that if we play our cards right, we can go someplace next year.
  • That last paragraph been said, I'd like to say to those who are so worried about the future to lighten up a bit. We're going to bounce back, but if we listen to people like Susie Orman, no one would ever spend any money and, guess what -- the economy will NEVER bounce back. If you have a little extra and there's something you want or need, then go buy it. I'm not saying that if you're deep in debt, go deeper. I'm talking about people like Cheryl and me who have a little extra. We're choosing to put a little less into the savings account, which BTW only gets .5% interest, to purchase items that we've wanted or needed. We didn't rack up thousands in debt, so we can afford to stretch it out a little. Let's help the economy grow.
  • Did I mention it is only 10 more days until they install our new kitchen floor?
  • Crockpots are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

God Bless

No comments: