Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

SB 403 Concealed Carry

SB – 403 Concealed Carry.

It passed, as I knew it would by a vote of 28 to 5.  The bill, which will legalized the carrying of a concealed weapon in the state of Wisconsin was introduced by Senators Zien, S. Fitzgerald, Breske, Brown, Grothman, Kanavas, Kedzie, A. Lasee, Leibham, Reynolds, Roessler, Schultz and Stepp.  

Remember those names.  Someone should sue them the next time a police officer is killed by someone carrying a concealed weapon or an innocent bystander is hit by a stray bullet.

I did the research and did the math; you are NOT safer in a concealed carry state.  In the states that do not allow Concealed Carry, there were a total of 24.1 murders per 100,000 people. In states that do allow Concealed Carry, there were a total of 27.4 murders per 100,000 people.  Maybe a difference of 3.3 people is not a lot to some people, but it is a lot to those 3.3 people who die.

Now, I have no way of knowing if those 3.3 murders were committed using a concealed weapon at the moment, but I’ll look it up.

Thank goodness we can rely on Governor Doyle to keep his head and veto the bill.

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog when and I want you to know that you are mistaken when it comes to people who carry concealed weapons. We carry weapons to protect ourselves, our family, and to some extent anyone in grave peril.

I think if you'll take the time to talk to someone who carries a concealed weapon, you'll find that these people are quite often very upstanding law abiding citizens and have every intention of keeping it that way.

I appreciate your view, but I hope you will understand that we are not thugs. Thugs wouldn't go to the trouble of spending hundreds of dollars on a class, being photographed and fingerprinted to receive an I.D., and then go commit a hanus crime. People who commit crimes are going to carry no matter what the laws state - that's what makes them criminals: a complete lack of respect for the law and human life.

Thank you.

Matthew Wilson
Columbia, SC
Concealed Weapon Carrier

Julie said...

Matthew,

I didn't mean to imply that people who carry concealed weapons were thugs. I happen to have spent my whole life around guns and I didn't grow up to be a thug.

I'm not against concealed weapon carry; I am against how the legistlation in this state wanted to put it on the books.

The proproganda that is being stated in this state is that concealed carry states are safer than non-concealed carry and the truth is that they aren't. It doesn't mean that people who are carrying legally obtained weapons are the cause; it means that Wisconsin will not miracously become safer because we have concealed carry.

Also, it isn't going to cost hundreds of dollars for the class. For $75.00 and a single class, you can obtain a concealed carry permit -- had this version of the law past.

I hope you'll come back to my site and read all of my posts regarding SB403.

Blessings

Julie