Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Concerned Women of America promotes a lie

So, I found the Wisconsin Opinion blog (link here:The Xoff Files: Say it isn't so; Barbie goes bisexual)
This link lead me to America Blog (link here:AMERICAblog: Because a great nation deserves the truth)The blogs are all about how the right wing is stating that Barbie is promoting Bisexuality, based on this article .

Apparently, the Concerned Women of America seem to have fallen for a some sort of prank OR they did it themselves. I tend to believe the latter, as I'm sure it is easy for the right wing to tell lies.Here's the article from Concerned Women:

"The iconic Barbie Doll has become another tool for promoting gender confusion among children. On the Barbie Web site, www.Barbie.com, there is a poll that asks children their age and sex. The age choices are 4-8, but as Bob Knight, Director of CWA’s Culture & Family Institute, notes children are given three options for their choice of gender. Click here to listen."
Here's the picture from their site -- they claim it is how Barbie's site looks:



See the I don’t Know? Well, the right wing claims that is why Barbie is promoting bisexuality, but the truth is the line really says I don’t want to say. Don't just take my word for it, click here to check it out for yourself. Also, according to their little message, they state the age choices are 4-8, but in truth the age choices go all the way up to 70+.

There are two things that bother me about this.

First, it is the fact that the so-called Concerned Women of America would rather post a complete and utter lie than post the truth. The second is that none of the liberal blogs that picked up on the post did any research to prove that the picture was bogus.

Below is a screen shot taken directly from the Barbie site.



Shame on the Concerned Women of America for promoting lies and shame on the liberals for not trying to catch them at it.

Finally, I have to say that I am tired that sexuality and abortion have become the litmus test for morals in this country. How did that happen? So, another shame on the Concerned Women of America for even worrying whether or not barbie accepts people who are gay, lesbian or bisexual! Barbie promotes the idea that girls can be empowered and that little girls can grow up to be anything they want to be. Shouldn't that be the message we want to give our impressional women of tomorrow?

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They won't be happy until everyone is living the picture postcard life they think the world should be. It's all about them and their narrow minds and fear of anyone, anywhere at anytime doing anything that personally offends them. That Barbie thing is clearly a way to allow kids either the option to not be included in whatever marketing thing is going on there, or at least the illusion to such.

I love the things that these people get pissd about. I think I just found the source for the next Taking Up Space rant. Thank you, extremists for feeding me this garbage which inspires me so!

Julie said...

David,

Glad I could help you with your writing!

Julie