Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Christian Nation

We’re supposed to be a Christian nation and I know I harp on this, but I’m really getting upset.  The Republicans reduce funding for anything that might help a down-on-their-luck citizen and they have passed 2000 pork filled bills in the past four years that benefit the rich and richer.

I want my Christian nation back.


George W. Bush authorized illegal wiretaps on American citizens under the guise of security.  The argument further goes that since the calls were international calls, the wire taps were legal.  

How can it ever be legal to spy on American citizens?

How can it be okay to NOT have to obtain a warrant?

Why is it okay to give up civil rights in order to be “secure”?

And, back to the subject of Christianity, what part of spying on US Citizens is Christian?  

When did Jesus spy on his disciples?  

(Yeah, yeah, on the road to Emmaus where He didn’t allow them to know that He was Him, but that was sneaky, but does not constitute spying in my book (Luke 24:13-32))

Furthermore, where is the Christianity in the latest corruption of our government?

Show me where Jesus accepted trips and golf outings from the Jewish people in order to further their causes, like our leaders who accepted money, donations and gifts from Jack Abramoff, the lobbyist.

Where is the Christianity in that?

Why in the public forum is Christianity reduced to Pro-life (but only in the case of abortion, not in the death penalty) and sex (as in gay sex and gay marriage, which obviously leads to more sex)?  

Jesus was so much more than that.  He was for clothing the naked, feeding the hungry and visiting the imprisoned.  Show me a nation that does just that and I’ll show you a true Christian nation.

No comments: