Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Help Little Charlie

Everyday, I think about how lucky I am to be living in a country that has so much.  Everyday, I thank God that I was able to be born an American and not just any American, but a natural one.  So, I do not know the terrors that many immigrants face regarding staying in America.  I will never know how Charlie Martinez and his parents feel.

Little five-year old Charlie is suffering from a rare form of leukemia.  Charlie, having been born in this country, is a US citizen.  His parents, Aurelia and Tomas, are not.  The government is trying to depot them – not Charlie, he can stay – back to Mexico.

Why?

Glad you asked.  Because Aurelia and Tomas are illegals.  So, now, our so-called family oriented country is separating them when their child need them the most.

Are you outraged, yet?

U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Chicago is and he’s doing something about it.  Representative Rush has introduced a bill to allow Charlie and 34 other families to stay in this country.  For more information, please see Charlie’s website:  http://www.savecharlie.org

I could go on and rant and rave about how we are not living up to the Christian ideals we should be living up to.  We refuse to ask ourselves “What Would Jesus Do?” and make the right decision.

Ask yourself, Would Jesus sit back and not contact their Senators asking them to get this bill out of committee?  Would Jesus allow a young boy to be suffering without his parents by his side?

Will you?

God Bless

No comments: