Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Assembly Bill 657

There was a public hearing held yesterday on this bill. I do not know the details, but I can tell you that this is proof that the government wheels turn really, really slow.

This bill is “an Act to create 32.03 (6) of the statutes; relating to: prohibiting the condemnation of property under certain circumstances.”
It is designed to remove the Eminent Domain risk from homes and businesses if the city decides that your home/business location could be better served by a mall or a Wal-Mart.

Don’t forget to contact your representatives and let them know how you feel about this!

If I receive more news, I’ll keep you posted.

Just an FYI, I've contacted Senator Stepp's office to see how the public forum went and to see if they can provide more information on how this bill is progressing. I'll keep you informed, if they respond.

God Bless

No comments: