Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Musings Off the Top Of My Head

Yesterday, on my way home from Green Bay, I was thinking about my blog and what I would write about this week. First, I should offer up some prayers for those affected by Hurricane Gustav, especially those who lost their lives. I should probably offer up a prayer for the Republican Party, as Gustav has messed with their convention plans.

Second, if you know any servicemen or women heading for Iraq, my cousin - Tiffany (her husband has just been sent back) - let me know that they could use body wash and shampoo, as the BX runs out of these items regularly. Also, bottle water drink mixes are welcomed as well as calling cards. So, if you know someone who is sending a care package over to the troops, drop some of these items in. I'm going to do some research on different charities and organizations that support our troops and I'll post about them here. As Americans, we can't do enough for our men and women in uniform.

Third, on the more humorous side, why is it that when I get off at my exit in Green Bay and head for Kim and Dustin's that it seems to take forever to get to their house, but when I'm driving home, Highway 43 is just a matter of a few short minutes away?

Fourth, have you ever noticed that there are two types of drivers from Illinois: those who can only drive under the speed limit in the left lane and those who think that the starter gun for the race has been shot and they have to get there before you?

Fifth, my mother is all up in arms that Sarah Palin's seventeen year old daughter is unwed and pregnant, but it doesn't seem to bother her that Palin's husband works in the oil industry, which to me is the larger problem with voting for her.

Finally, why is it that summer is so short and winter is so long?

God Bless

No comments: