Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Could we discuss the issues?

I've got to say, I'm really, really tired of Sarah Palin. I'm tired of seeing her picture on magazine covers. I'm tired of hearing about her pregnant daughter. I don't want to hear about her religious past, present or future. I want to know what McCain plans on doing if he's elected President. I want to know what Obama plans on doing if he's elected President.

That said, since we're on the topic, I think Obama has taken the high road in all of this -- not that anyone will give him any credit for it. I'm not exactly sure where Obama was when he made the remarks -- the article is vague, but someone said that Obama should make a statement that candidates' families and religion were off limits. Obama responded that he had all ready said families were off limits. He, also, said, "...
don't give people some sort of religious litmus test because I don't want somebody to question my faith and I'm certainly not going to question somebody else's."1

Too bad no one took this into consideration when people decided to question Obama's Christian faith.

On the other hand, why is it that the GOP doesn't want us questioning Palin's faith? Why shouldn't we ask questions about what it is exactly she believes? Why did she belong to a Pentecostal faith for twenty years and then in 2002, she suddenly switches to a non-denominational church? What happened in 2002 that made her change faiths and churches, but not completely cut the Pentecostal out of her life?

If Obama had to take the punches about his religion and his religious beliefs, why shouldn't Palin?

Palin said just a couple of months ago:
"Pray for our military men and women who are striving do to what is right. Also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for -- that there is a plan, and that plan is God's plan."2 She invokes God, so why shouldn't we ask her about her beliefs?

I guess we shouldn't ask her because Obama should have never been asked. Obama wants to take the high road. He wants us to leave Palin's family and religion alone, but no one will notice those remarks. Even the article from where I took the quote is leaning toward McCain:
McCain camp angry over Obama's 'lipstick' comment. If you just read the first couple of paragraphs, you'd never know that Obama wants to leave Palin's family alone.

But, Obama takes the high road doesn't sell newspapers and it doesn't make you click on the article link.

Only 56 more days until this is all over.

God Bless



No comments: