Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I've looked far and wide and all I see are hypocrites...

Sarah Palin's seventeen year old daughter is pregnant. Now I know that Obama states that Palin's family is off-limits, but I disagree. Palin supports abstinence education, hmmm, how's that working out for you, Sarah? The Palin's are going to compound the issue by having their 17 year old daughter marry the father of the baby. Well, that sounds like a match made in Heaven.

What really burns my butt on this is the wrong-wing Christians who are rallying behind Palin. Oh, this just shows she's human. This can happen to any family. Blah, blah, blah. This is BS because you and I both know if the shoe was on the other foot and it was a Democrat's child, they would be all over it like white on rice. This, also burns my butt because this is a clearcut example of how abstinence education DOESN'T work.

I'm sorry this seventeen year old girl is going through a pregnancy the whole world knows about. I can only imagine how thrilled she must be that her mother's running for VP, so this is no longer a private family matter. I wonder if she even loves the guy she now has to marry to help her mother save face?

And, on top of all this, I have to hear from my mom that: 1) Palin should resign, so she can take care of her family and 2) if she wasn't governor, her daughter wouldn't be pregnant out of wedlock. Like somehow working mothers are to blame when their children are pregnant out of wedlock and the fact that my mom was a stay at home mom is the only reason I didn't end up being a pregnant teenager. (Trust me, Mom, that had nothing to do with it.)

God Bless

2 comments:

Zeta Thompson said...

That is nothing new. I hate to say it but I have seen similar actions in the democratic party in the past. I honestly feel most of it is media driven. If the media had not made a fuss over it; the hypocrisy would never come to light, which would be a bad thing.

My problem with it is exactly what you mentioned. That is the poor 17 year old girl. She has a lot to deal with already. Maybe she loves the guy and they had planned to marry later, maybe she had planned to put the child up for adoption, perhaps abortion crossed her mond, or raising the child as a single mother. None of those are choices are open to her now because of her mother's choice to accept the VP nomination. In other words. It is a perfect example of the right wing Republican way of thinking anti-choice. Because choice is not just abortion or not, it other options as well. The others have just been removed from her to save someone's face. And THAT is the saddest thing of all how much will she now resent her mother?

Anonymous said...

I hope this girl has a good life. I am sorry she has to go through this in such a public forum.