Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain's VP Choice

I was going to blog today about something to think about when you're voting, but then John McCain took the wind out of my sails (and Barack Obama's) by making his VP choice: Sarah Palin.

Who?

Yeah, I've never heard of her either. She's Alaska's Governor. (Alaska, that cold state to the Northwest.) All I know is that it is her first term and she's the mother of five.

I, also, know that she's a very smart choice.

Paul Begala -- some guy who writes for CNN and is a Democratic strategist -- disagrees and that explains why the Republicans won with Bush two elections in a row. The Democrats don't really know how to win elections if they're using thinkers like him.

His article states that someone, given McCain's age, as inexperience as Palin is a bad choice. Hey, Paul, I hate to bring this up, but Obama is in his first term, too. Now, I know my father was rooting for Condelezza Rice, but she would've been a bad choice, as are the men Begala mentions in his article.

Begala thinks it was a mistake for McCain to have "passed over Tom Ridge." Are you kidding me? Choose the head of Homeland Security? A man who is very much in line with the Bush regime? That would be like killing his election chances right now.

Mitt Romney? Too scary to even consider.

Joe Lieberman? Someone who didn't win in the primary, so he left his party to be an Independent. How many Republicans are going to trust he will come over to their way of thinking and how many Democrats are going to trust a turncoat?

McCain has taken some wind out of Obama's sales by choosing a woman as his running mate. It shows he still has some maverick left in him. Now, we have a Black Man and a White Man running against a White Man and a White Woman. McCain has put some of the women's votes that were 99% likely to vote for Obama back into the unknown category. A woman VP? History in the making on both sides.

Now, on a personal note to Mr. Begala: In case he's reading this: You moron. My dad's 71 years young and he isn't going to croak in the next four years and I'm betting neither will John McCain (also 71). Where do you get off making an assumption that being over 70 suddenly makes one old?

In case you're wondering, however; I've changed my mind about McCain and will NOT be voting for him. But, I promise you, his AGE has nothing to do with my decision.

God Bless

No comments: