Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Starter Wife...

I know I just posted a serious piece on home sale transfer fees, but then I put my computer aside and started reading this next week's TV Guide (the one with the Sopranos on the cover). I had my choice of three magazines that arrived at the house yesterday -- US News & World Report, Newsweek and TV Guide. Sometimes, a girl doesn't want to read serious news, so I picked up the guide.

Anyway, there's a spoiler in the magazine. I'm sure they didn't mean it. Maybe, they didn't realize that those of us with subscriptions would receive the issue BEFORE we saw the next episode.

So, as a public service announcement, DON'T READ THE JUNE 11TH ISSUE OF TV GUIDE UNTIL AFTER YOU WATCH THIS WEEK'S THE STARTER WIFE!

On other news, they put in 3 pages of Rosie/Elisabeth coverage. Oh, and what a joy that is to read. I didn't even bother reading the whole thing. I used to like Rosie O'Donnell. Really, I did and I still do to a point, but I agree with Elisabeth. She was calling Americans terrorists. Now, it should be stated that I agree with Rosie about 75% of the time -- maybe I don't agree on how she says it, but I agree. I disagree with Elisabeth about 98% of the time. I rarely think she knows what she's talking about. President Bush could announce a new bill that says parents should beat their first born and Elisabeth would blindly follow him. However, based on Rosie's statement, I agree with Elisabeth, she was calling Americans terrorists. I also agree that Elisabeth should in no way feel as if she needs to defend any remark made by Rosie and vice versa. I don't believe the hype that Rosie was fired. People who bring up the ratings by 10% do not get fired.

I only have a couple more things to add to this.

First, even I'm getting sick hearing about all of this and I don't think TV Guide needed 3 pages on a story they've covered and covered.

Second, as far as who should be the next co-host, well, I'd like to sign up for the job, but I don't think Barbara Walters will be calling me. So, here's my choice, Sherri Shepherd. She's funny, she's opinionated and she can hold her own. Next choice would be Whoopi Goldberg. But, since me and Barbara Walters aren't bffs, I don't think she's going to call me up and ask my opinion.

Third, the only reason I still watch the View in any capacity (and I've missed the last few weeks) is for Joy Behar. I just love her!

Finally, I'm done writing on this subject, unless Barbara Walters calls me up and asks my opinion. I think the rest of the world should be done with this subject, too.

God Bless

No comments: