Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Movies...

Last weekend, Cheryl and I enjoyed a very rare weekend with nothing to do. So, we spent most of Sunday watching old movies. One of the old movies we watched with "Stage Door" with Ginger Rogers, Katharine Hepburn, Eve Arden and Lucille Ball. It's a movie I've seen a couple of times and I enjoy it each and every time.

The fast paced speech and one line wisecracks makes one wonder why they don't make movies like this anymore. Why is it that most of the movies advertised have buildings blowing up or families in torment? What happened to good writing?

I think good writing has gone the way of special effects -- meaning that they (the movie makers) are spending so much money on special effects, they don't have any left for character development and writing.

And, that's just a shame.

God Bless

No comments: