Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, July 31, 2009

Heartless, Hypocritical Bastards

Those so-called "family" groups are at it again. No sooner had the ink dried on the state budget, which includes Domestic Partner benefits, than 3 board members of various "family" groups had their lawyers file to fight it in court.
Look you rotten bastards, you won the big fight -- we can't get married and we can't have civil unions in Wisconsin. At least give us the very small protections Domestic Partnerships give us. And, if I sound angry, I am. I'm sick and tired of a group of people who don't know me spending their time and effort to make my life miserable. They wanted the anti-gay amendment and they got it. And, how did they get it, buy making it a two part question, where the answer was yes if you DIDN'T support equal rights for gays. Do you know how many of my straight friends called me up and said, "Isn't it great, you and Cheryl can get married now. We voted yes and it passed." I apparently didn't explain it to them in easy enough terms for them to understand that a yes vote meant we COULDN'T get married.
Now, we're just getting basic protections: the right to inherit, the right to hospital visitations, the right to sue for wrongful death, etc. We're not getting the right to file joint tax returns. We're not getting the other 1300 rights that married couples enjoy in this country.
And, these bastards are hypocrites on top of it all. They don't believe in legistlating from the bench, but they want a judge to throw out a law signed by our governor. Sounds like an activist judge decision to me.
I have a question. If Cheryl gets seriously ill and can no longer make decisions for herself, are these bastards going to step in then and make the decision I cannot legally make until the domestic partner benefits kick in on August 3rd? Are they going to stop her life support or stop treatment when there's no hope? Oh, of course not, these are the kinds of bastards -- in a general sense -- that believe in the so-called right to life, which means they don't believe anyone should ever die.
God Bless the Gay People for we give the phony family groups something to do.

No comments: