Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, July 10, 2009

Healthcare

Thank goodness for lunch hours or I would've missed this report (http://www.rr.com/news/news/article/rr/6818193/8257578/Conservative_Democrats_break_ranks_on_health_care/full/).  There really is a tax on healthcare benefits in the Senate plan.  This needs to be stalled and stopped.

I get three tax breaks as a single person -- the first is on the portion of the healthcare premiums I pay and that goes with the break I get on my supplemental insurance I have thru Aflac, the second is my house and the third is my charitable donations.  Without these, I would be paying over $1,000 more a year in taxes.  I will be in a new tax braket.  I don't know about you, but I cannot afford the extra $1,000 per year.

I did have a thought today regarding how to raise some tax dollars to fund this program.  How about every time an American company closes up shop here and moves the plant to Mexico or overseas, we tax them a dollar a component to bring whatever it was back?

My other thought on funding is we give employers huge tax breaks for funding the healthcare for their employees and employees' families.  You give them a tax break and I'll bet you the number of uninsured in this country will drop significantly.

We do need an overhaul of healthcare, but the buck is stopping here. Any plan that raises the taxes on those of us who earn less than $100,000 a year (singles) and $200,000 (married couples) needs to be stopped in its tracks.

Contact your senators and tell them you want healthcare, but not at this price.

God Bless

No comments: