Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, January 22, 2007

PETA has been killing animals...

I've never been a big supporter of PETA.  They always seemed, at least to me, more interested in PR than in animals.  Now, in North Carolina, two of PETA's employees have been disposing of animals behind a supermarket.

Apparently, PETA may care about the ethical treatment of animals, but they weren't interested in finding good homes for them.  According to an article on Court TV, "The Virginian-Pilot reported that the group euthanized more than 6,000 animals between 2001 and 2003, about 83 percent of those it collected."

Just how is that an ethical treatment of animals?

I know that a lot of homeless pets cannot find good homes.  I realize that a lot of them end up in shelters on death row because they're not wanted.  What I didn't expect to hear is that PETA has euthanized 83% of the animals they collected under the guise of finding them homes.

And, that's just wrong.

In hindsight, I'm glad that I've never given one penny to PETA. 

God Bless

No comments: