Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

John McCain

While I understand the need to reach out to conservative religious leaders, I will not be supporting John McCain in his bid to become President in 2008. I like John McCain, but when will the Republican Party stop bowing to the extreme right wing that listens to people like James Dobson?

We do not need a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage in this country. Gay marriage won't hurt anybody's marriage. And, we don't need these extreme so-called religious people having such a large say in our political campaigns. Now, I'm not sure, but isn't Dobson's so-called family group considered non-profit? (I could be wrong here) If it is, shouldn't they lose their status once it becomes clear that they are butting in on the political sphere? I think so.

I have to say, that I like John McCain, but I'm very disappointed in him. He should try reaching out to the disenfranchised conservatives who want smaller government, less taxes and more fiscal responsibility than reach out to the extreme who preach hate.

God Bless

No comments: