Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, January 08, 2007

The Apprentice

I wasn't planning on watching the Apprentice even before Donald Trump called Rosie fat.  I didn't care for the show the one and only time I watched it late in its first season.  If you've been reading this blog for long, you probably have a good idea that I'm not really into reality shows.

Then, on Friday, I saw an article about the Apprentice and there in gleaming color were this season's contestants -- in their bathing suits.  Woman in bikini's, the one guy I saw in the picture (it wasn't a group shot) in a long tight short suit.

Why do you have to expose your body in order to obtain a position working for Donald Trump?  (Obviously, because sex sells.)

But, hasn't this show gone too far?  Shouldn't this show set itself apart from the sexfilled, dummying down of America, because this is a season long job interview?  Shouldn't some decorum be used?  Afterall, I don't think I'd hold down my job for too long if I showed up in a bikini or even shorts, for that matter.

The idea of the Apprendice was promising when it began.  Pit contestants against each other in business related contests which should lead, hopefully, to the employee with the best abilities.  Now, it's just, well, I'm not sure what to call it, but I for one won't be watching it.

God Bless

No comments: