Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dick Cheney & Wolf Blitzer

I'm probably a day late and a dollar short on this post, but I think Wolf was out of line.

If you don't know, Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter, Mary, is expecting a child. James Dobson's Focus on ourselves and look what good "Christians" we think we are made the following statement:

"Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children. Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father doesn't mean it's the best for the child."

First, I'd like to say it's none of their freaking business and that whole group should just fall back into the hole from which they came.

Second, while I believe the group has a right to say whatever they want to say, I don't believe we should all have to listen to it.

Finally, the statement was made in December, which brings me to Cheney and Blitzer. Blitzer reads the quote and then expects Cheney to comment on it. I feel that it was unfair and I believe that Cheney was right was telling Blitzer that he was out of line. I think Dobson's hate group is out of line for commenting on the Vice President's daughter. If you want to make a statement against gays, fine, make it, but leave Mary Cheney and her pregnancy out of it.

God Bless

No comments: