Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, August 08, 2008

Awesome American

I've always thought of myself as a pretty darn good American.  I vote.  I support Veteran's causes.  I stand for the National Anthem -- even at home in my living room.  I give money to the USO.  I know the Pledge of Allegiance.   I make sure the flag never touches the ground. I've taught my son-in-law the proper way to fold one and I give my father old ones to burn in the proper ceremony, so they're not sitting in a landfill.  I add soldier's names to those on my prayer list, even when given to me by a stranger on a plane.

But, I really suck as an American, when compared to Keela Carr.  You haven't heard of her?

Keela Carr sold everything she owned so she could walk across America to personally thank Veterans for all they've done.  (Read older story here)  I just saw on CNN she's completed most of her journey and arrived at Walter Reed Hospital.  Next, she'll be going to Arlington to lay a wreath on the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. 

The woman is amazing!  I've been too lazy to go to the store to find the piece so I can hang my flag off my front porch and this woman has walked across the country to thank Vets.

Like the saying goes, if you can read this -- thank a teacher. If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

God Bless

 

No comments: