Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, May 05, 2006

Remember Cole Hein?

Remember way back in December I mentioned Cole Hein -- this is the little boy who chokes and stops breathing and his mom is searching for a cure. Well, I posted a blurb about him on all my blogs and even my myspace blog -- which I hardly ever post on.

His mom, Mandi, wrote me a short note thanking me for posting about her son. So, I revisited the website and it is way cool! Make sure to visit it and send little Cole an email.

Here's a blurb of Cole's condition from the website:

" Cole Hein has an undiagnosed illness. Cole can "retch or dry heave" morning, noon, or night while playing, eating, sleeping, or even just watching TV. When Cole "retches" he can stop breathing and when he does someone needs to be there to either stimulate him by rubbing his back or even give him CPR to get him breathing again. COLE DOES NOT SELFRECOVER. You NEVER know when Cole will "retch" or even when he does "retch" that that is going to be the time he stops breathing because he doesn't always stop breathing when he "retches" We do know that a bronchial cough or stomach flu brings on more consistent if not constant "retching” Bingo Cole's dog has been trained to "bark" whenever Cole makes the "retching" sound. Bingo is a godsend she is an extra set of ears for Cole. We still continue to watch and listen to Cole but having Bingo has ease the burden! Cure4Cole.com is part of an international effort with the help from Lamar Outdoor advertising to find anyone with information that could help save Cole's life! This site is an effort to help save our son's life and spread the word about this unknown illness and find a diagnosis for him! Thank you for stopping by please sign the guestbook as I read them to Cole everyday and he loves when I read him his "stories” God Bless, Mandi (Mom), Dwayne (Dad), Kaela (sister 11) and Eric (Cole's twin brother 4)"
So, I thought it was time to re-visit the topic of Cole. If you know someone who can help, send them to Cole's Website. I don't know anything about medical conditions, so I'm no help, but at least I can post a blurb here. It's the least I can do.

Feel free to copy this info and post it on your own blog or send it off to your friends. It takes a village to raise a child, it might take the world to cure Cole.

God Bless

No comments: