Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Offense...

Supposedly, we are fighting wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan to end terrorism in the world. Okay, good. Let's root out the terrorists and try to get the world to a peaceful place.

However, I take great offense to something that was said by Jeff Lungren. Mr. Lungren is Congressman F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr.'s (R-WI) spokesperson. Congressman "Sensenbrenner declined to comment" on the Patriot Act renewal. However, Mr. Lungren said that "the Bush administration backs the House version and that "they're the ones on the front lines of the war on terror.""

Excuse me, the Bush administration is on the front lines of the war on terror? Did I read that right? The Bush administration is not on the front lines. Every member of the Bush administration is sitting, Mr. Lungren, safely in an office in Washington, D.C. That doesn't sound like the front lines to me.

Now, I'm sure that President Bush and Vice-President Cheney would never make such a remark to allude to them being on the front lines. I'm sure Congressman Sensenbrenner wouldn't make that comment as well. However, Mr. Lungren (whom I've never even heard about prior to today) felt the need to make a ridiculous comment.

So, this goes out to him:

Mr. Lungren, the military men and women who are serving this great nation of ours in Iraq and Afghanistan are the ones who are on the front lines in the war on terror. These brave souls are risking their lives on a daily basis so that both you and I can sit in our cushy homes and say whatever it is we wish to say. While I support your right to say something as inconsiderate and small-minded as your comment was, I urge you to please take the time to think before you make remarks such as these.

God Bless.

No comments: