Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, October 28, 2005

God Bless Rosa Parks...

I know that I haven't mentioned it earlier, but Godspeed, MS. Parks. Her refusal to move to the back of the bus set in motion movement to make America a more racially united nation. We still have a long way to go, but I have faith that we will get there.

Of course, that's easy to say when I'm white and do not know what it is like to be black in this country.

Further, I applaud the Senate approving a motion to allow MS Parks the honor of her remains being in the Rotunda of the Capital Building. It will give a great deal more Americans a chance to honor her. I'm sure the House will soon follow.

Just in case you're wondering, this year on Dec 1st, the 50th Anniversary of her refusal and arrest will happen. MS Parks' refusal showed that no matter who you are, you can use your life to make a difference in others' lives.

God Bless Rosa Parks and those who strive to follow in her footsteps.

No comments: