Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween...

What a difference four years makes!

After 9/11, the trick or treaters were loaded with police officers and firemen/women. You couldn't walk anywhere without tripping over a little guy (and some girls) dressed as a cop. It was cute and I believe a real show of just who our heroes should be in this nation.

Well, yesterday was our trick or treat day here is Racine. I saw exactly one fireman and no cops. I did see about a hundred witches, princesses and fairies. Amoung the boys, it was mostly Darth Vader and that stone guy from Fantastic Four. Oh and one little boxer, who was so cute, I had to take a picture of him.

So, I guess we're back to our children dressing up as their cartoon heroes.

Isn't that a shame?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It definitely is a shame that kids look to comic books for heroes.