Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, October 03, 2005

In the News

Wow, where to begin!?!

President Bush announced today his Supreme Court Justice to replace Sandra Day O'Connor. Her name is Harriet Miers. She is sixty years old and has never been a judge. Let me repeat that last part, just in case you missed it. She has NEVER been a judge.

I'm not so sure I like that idea. I will stand by my statement regarding John Roberts that I wasn't too sure he could serve because he hadn't been a judge long enough and this new appointee hasn't been a judge at all.

I'll give Bush credit -- she is a smart choice, as Roberts was. No rulings, nothing bad to report during the confirmation hearings, except, now we have a Supreme Court where two members have little or no experience and one of those members is the Chief Justice of the United States!

Another interesting tidbit...

Friday, I wrote in my blog that Cathy Stepp, for the most part, had lied about co-sponsoring the Eminent Domain bill in the State Senate. Today I read in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that State Senator Stepp will not seek re-election, citing that she wants to spend more time with her family. Hmmmm, did my blog run her out of office?

Well, I can dream, can't I? I'm sure my blog had nothing to do with it. I do have to admit that it is a little bit of a letdown. I was looking forward to helping John Lehman beat her in the state senate race. Hmmmm, now what will I do? According to the blip in the Milwaukee paper, two possible candidates to replace Stepp are Racine County Executive Bill McReynolds and first-term Rep. Robin Vos. I don't know much about either of them, but I'll do some research and get back to you on it.

And, finally, for today, a rant against the right-wing. Cindy Sheehan visited New Orleans and wrote a blog piece for Michael Moore's website. In it she stated, "pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans". That's it. They don't tell you the end or the beginning of the quote. Pulled out of context, this sounds like a nutty idea from a left-wing nut. Even I thought it was crazy, but I (unlike the right-wingers who will pass this information around the Internet and hail it as if it is Gospel) did the research and read the entire blog. Just in case you, my gentle readers, come across the line, I wanted you to be able to read the whole piece for yourselves. Don't just listen to my rants, form your own independent opinion and judge for yourself.

Wow -- Isn't that a refreshing idea?

Oh, wait, hold the phone, one last item. While on Michael Moore's website, I found a link to a site called Books for Soldiers. What a great idea. The soldiers request DVDs, books, etc. and volunteers send the items to them. Help support our troops in this manner and check out the site. I'm going to leave this information up for you.

God Bless,



No comments: