Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thank you, Governor Doyle

Let's face it when the Republicans ran the Wisconsin State Legistlature, nothing good came of it -- and, yes, Cathy Stepp, I'm talking to you. Best thing to happen to Wisconsin politics was when she decided NOT to run for State Senator again to spend more time with her family.
Worst thing to happen to Wisconsin was that stupid anti-gay amendment. Yes, friends, that's what we can thank our state Republicans for -- an amendment to our state consitution to outlaw gay marriages and civil unions. But, did it attract one job to our state?
No, it didn't. And, all it did was place us in the same boat as those other states that voted for their stupid amendments -- we look like backward morons.
But, thanks to Governor Doyle, we can once again take pride in our great state. He is calling for a Domestic partnership registry -- he wants to make sure that no gay person is ever bared from a loved one's hospital room. He wants to make sure that no gay person has to chose between losing their job and being by their soulmate's side when the end is near. Thank God for Governor Doyle!
Last year, my mother-in-law passed away and I was heartbroken, but thanks to my very understanding employer, they allowed me to work from the hotel where we were staying to be by herside. They allowed me to work off hours, so I could spend the day supporting Cheryl and Mom in their time of need. But, a lot of employers wouldn't allow that. But, they would for a straight couple. And, that, friends, is one of the reasons we need equality in marriage for all, not just those that fit some mold.
God Bless

No comments: