Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The New Baby and Groceries

So, Cheryl is out of town because on Thursday the newest member of our family was born (pictures below). Unfortunately, even though I have a terrific boss who would've let me be off to be there, I'm not, and that is because of my knee surgery. This will haunt me for a long time that I missed the birth of my third grandson. Sending flowers to Kim and a teddy bear to Nicholas just doesn't cut it in my mind. Luckily for me, Cheryl didn't have to drive there by herself and she didn't have to miss the birth to watch the boys because Dad took her up to Green Bay. He stayed at the house, while Dustin and Cheryl accompanied Kim to the hospital.

But, if I can leave behind the joy of having little Nicholas enter the world (on the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth, I might add) for just a moment and get back to the subject of me. I'd like to whine. While my knee hasn't been hurting too much since my surgery yesterday, but that could just be because of the pain killers they gave me at the hospital, I miss being able to do easy things. My leg is completely wrapped from mid-thigh to the bottom of my foot and I have instructions that I can't take this off. (I confirmed this with the on-call doctor last night.) My doctor likes to ensure the minimal of swelling as possible, so this wrap won't come off until Monday. This means I can't do anything. I can get to the bathroom and maybe cook something, but I didn't realize how helpless I would be.

Now, some of my friends have said take the wrap off -- I've had the same surgery and you don't need it. And, while I appreciate their advice, I don't really like ignoring my doctor -- mainly because I want to be able to return to work on Tuesday. And, because I don't want to have to go through this again. Now, I'm not taking the pain medication my doctor prescribed. I don't like the goofy feeling I get when taking it.

Then, when I awoke at five this morning, it dawned on me. We don't have any food in the house, so I need to go to the store. I can't shop on crutches and I can't get a shoe on my left foot. And, I hate to depend on other people. It kills me to have to do that! It is at a moment like this when I truly miss Cheryl! Or, perhaps, I should've been better prepared and gone shopping Thursday night! :0

Anyway, God Bless and enjoy the below pictures.

Cheryl and DannyCheryl and Danny.

Cheryl and NicholasCheryl and Nicholas

Danny, Dustin, Alex and NicholasDanny, Dustin, Alex and Nicholas.

Danny and NicholasDanny and Nicholas.

Grandpa Totsch and Nicholas Grandpa and Nicholas.

No comments: