Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Oscars

I just finished watching the Oscars. Yeah, I know they were on last night, but I taped them, so I could watch them later. It was worth the wait. They were wonderful. Hugh Jackman is a fantastic host. That beginning was wonderful!

I loved the way they gave out the Oscars for the four acting categories. To have the nominees be announced by previous winners was an inspired idea. I loved the personal touches that were added. I especially loved Shirley MacLaine's speech for Anne Hathaway. Am I the only one who thinks Anne Hathaway was as happy for Kate Winset's win as Kate Winset was? And, while I love Brad Pitt, I was really rooting for Sean Penn.

My only complaint was how they did the people who past. I loved Queen Latifia's singing "I'll be Seeing You." That part was wonderful, but I would've preferred more closeup shots of those so honored.

I read somewhere that the guys who did this year's Oscar are new. I hope they bring them back next year.

God Bless

No comments: