Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ordinary People

Funny thing happened on the way back to work, the doctor ordered me off work another week. You know what that means, it means that I'm taking drugs, icing my knee and trying to stay off my feet. You would think it means that I'm paying more attention to what's going on in the world, but I can't manage to keep my eyes open. Like take this afternoon, Ordinary People
was on HBO and I settled in to watch it. Halfway through the movie, I was out like a light. It's a shame, too, as I have never seen Ordinary People
. I missed so much of the movie, lucky for me, it played again, so I set it to tape.

Mary Tyler Moore is so good in that part. You hate her so much for not making a try to be close to her surviving son. Donald Sutherland is perfect as the father who is just trying to hold the family together. Strange, women usually hold the family together and, yet, in this movie, it's the Dad. I can see why Timothy Hutton won the Oscar for his role. Also, I can see the resemblance between him and his late father.
God Bless

No comments: