Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, March 07, 2008

Bush and the Economy

Just last week, President Bush made a statement that the country wasn't in a recession. This week, he has said the the economy has slowed.

Boy, am I glad he told me that! If he hadn't, I might've thought that the country was doing just swell! I would be so confused and I hate to be confused.

I wonder how long it takes before he'll admit we're in a recession. I'm thinking June -- long after we've all received our rebate checks and we've either used them to pay off debt or set them aside because us consumers are all spent.

He also said, ""I know this is a difficult time for our economy, but we recognized the problem early and we provided the economy with a booster shot."

I was going to write some smartass commenht that ripped into his words, but sometimes you have to admit, he's funnier when he works alone.

God Bless

1 comment:

Zeta Thompson said...

I don't get a rebate check. I don't make enough to pay taxes, yep I am below the poverty line. So, how is that going to help me put food on the table, Mr. Bush?