Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, March 17, 2008

We interrupt this broadcast...

Carol Burnett was on The View one day last week and because I like Carol Burnett, I recorded it.

Guess what else happened that day?  That stupid governor of NY resigned because he got caught in a hooker ring.  So, ABC thought, hey, the people in the Midwest give a damn about the governor of NY, let's interrupt our own show.

Guess what I could give a damn about?

A governor in NY who got caught with his pants down around his ankles. 

So, here's an open statement to all of the broadcast stations:

Unless my house is going to be hit with a nuclear bomb -- don't interrupt my regularly scheduled show.
Unless the President has been shot -- don't interrupt my regularly scheduled show.
Unless we've declared war on Canada or Mexico -- don't interrupt my regularly scheduled show.

In other words, unless it is going to affect me -- I don't want you interrupting my regularly scheduled show.  I don't care about California -- it can wait until the six o'clock news.  I don't care about any state -- really -- except my own and EVEN THAT could wait until the six o'clock news.

If I wanted round the clock news, I'd turn on CNN or MSNBC.  When I want to be entertained, I turn on the broadcast networks and I don't expect you to interrup my regularly scheduled shows.

I hope I'm not alone in this.

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sooo agree with you. I hate when they interrupt this program. If they focused on politicians and all their trash..there would be no regular television programming. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Julie said...

It's getting crazy how shows are being pushed aside for what broadcast networks want to pass off as "news". They did the same thing when Brett Farve retired and a football player announcing his retirement is NOT news. It's sports and it can wait until the next news broadcast.