Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, October 23, 2006

William D. Perez

I saw the headline on The Wall Street Journal and I had to stop and read it. Could it really be the same Perez who worked for SC Johnson and spent 8 years as the CEO?

And, well, it is. How nice for him. He's taking over the reigns at Wrigley when their stock is in a slump, but maybe he can turn it around for them. I wonder if this would be a good time to buy some Wrigley stock?

Quite a few years ago, Mr. Perez and I disagreed because of a statement he made to the Racine Journal Times. I'm not going to go into the whole discussion, but after I wrote a letter to the Racine Journal Times, Mr. Perez sent me a letter re-explaining his position. While I don't remember if it changed my mind or not, it did impress me that he would go out of his way to send a letter to someone who disagreed with him. Since that time, I've silently cheered him on.

So, kudos to you, Mr. Perez. I hope you do a terrific job with Wrigley.

God Bless

No comments: