Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, October 06, 2006

Bush Supports Hastert

Isn't that nice? President Bush is standing next to House Speaker Dennis Hastert. Nice to know that the leader of the free world is standing beside a man who let a child molester stay in Congress.

The CNN article goes on to say, "House Majority Leader John Boehner, of Ohio, attributed the scandal to partisan dirty tricks and said the uncovering of the messages just weeks before midterm elections 'is concerning, at a minimum.'"

Really? Because Hastert "insisted he learned about the sexually explicit messages last Friday, when they were released."

But, "A former House staffer has said he told Hastert's office before 2005 that there were concerns about Foley."

So, who's at fault? The Democrats because this scandal happened to hit a little more than a month before the mid-term elections or the Republicans for keeping this quite for at least a year?

My guess is that it is the Republicans.

I can't believe the nerve of Hastert, according to the article, "'I'm going to run and presumably win in this election, and when I do I expect to run for speaker,' Hastert told reporters at his district office outside Chicago."

He should be running away with his Republican tail between his legs.

This is the party that spent millions to find out what was on a blue dress and where a cigar had been, but they couldn't make sure that a member of their party didn't send inappropriate emails and IMs to Pages?

And, how dare the Republicans claim this is some ploy from the left to ruin their election -- the left didn't need this to win, the sagging economy and war in Iraq was taking care of that. (Plus, am I the only one who thinks it is odd that suddenly the price of a barrel of oil has dropped right before the mid-term elections? But, that's fodder for another article.)

I have to stop now, because I need to go throw up.

God Bless

No comments: