Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, June 09, 2006

Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan would be an excellent Congressional Representative if just once, just once he would vote against the Republican Party. Now, I haven’t studied every single one of his votes, but I know on the big issue, Mr. Ryan NEVER goes against the party.

Case in point, H.R. 5252 – Communications, Opportunity, Promotion, and Enhancement Act of 2006 – this is the one we’ve all been worried about. This is the one the Christian Coalition joined hands with MoveOn.org to fight. And, Paul Ryan voted for it.

The vote was 321 Yeas, 101 Nays and 11 No Votes. And, my Congressional Representative, Paul Ryan, voted Yea.

Why, Paul, why?

Let me tell you how I feel about Paul Ryan. He is truly a great Representative. Every time and I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME; I have ever sent his office a letter I get a response, usually within two weeks of my original letter. 90% of the time when I call his office, I receive a response. And, I receive emails all the time letting me know what he’s up to. As far as his making sure that I (and I’m sure the rest of his constituents) know what he is doing, this man is doing an outstanding job.

Really.

I would love to vote for Paul Ryan the next time he comes up for re-election, but I can’t, I just can’t. If he disagreed with me once or twice, I would probably vote for him, but he has disagreed with me EVERY SINGLE TIME I have contacted him about an issue. EVERY SINGLE TIME. And, on those instances, he has sided with the Republican Party. He always sides with them.

Now, if you’re a Republican and you think you’re right ALL THE TIME, and you live in Wisconsin’s First District, you need to vote for Paul Ryan. He will serve you well and you will not be disappointed in him.

But, if you’re like me and you want a representative that stands up for what is right, just and fair – even if it means he’s standing alone in Congress, you’ll have to find someone else.

It just breaks my heart, good Irish Catholic boy and I can’t vote for him.

Why, Paul, why can’t you find your own voice and go against party lines and vote what is just, fair and right and not what the Republican Party wants?

Just once.

God Bless.

PS. Yes, I am aware that 106 Democrats jumped ship and voted with the Republicans, but they’re not my representative and I can’t beg them to get with it.

No comments: