Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I am so sick of Ann Coulter...

This woman gets my goat more than anyone else on the planet. I saw her on Jay Leno -- I recorded last week's show and I've watched it tonight. Anyway, she comes out in a dress that really doesn't flatter her figure, too straight, no curves, she needs a hair cut, but now I sound like my mom, so I digress.

She, in reference to a joke Mr. Leno told about her the night before, stated that she's Dorothy and she has "dropped my house on the mainstream media." This got a terrific amount of applause from an audience that was just cheering for George Carlin.

Doesn't that bug you as much as it bugs me? Mainstream media has been turned into some demigod by the right wing. Blame the media for what's wrong with the world. Blame the liberals, blame, blame, blame, but I don't hear solutions coming from Ms Coulter's lips -- unless it's get rid of all the liberals.

I'm beginning to believe what my late grandmother said to me, "The world's gone mad." And, I think she was right.

We have children shooting each other with the guns they've brought to school, but I don't see the powerful -- and might I remind you -- in charge right wing doing anything about it. They can't because they're elected by the NRA's membership.

But, heck, we've got Ann out there spouting out words that only look for the common denominator in people -- the lowest common denominator.

Again, I digress, I want to discuss this idea MS Coulter's spouting about. She stated on Leno, "Liberals send out victims to make their points, so that we can't respond. " She then, after making another statement that I'll get to in a minute, say, "Apparently, you can attack them."

Let me repeat that, "You can ATTACK THEM." She didn't say, you can debate the victims (she's referring to the four 9/11 widows who have been critical of the President and his administration's policies). She said, "YOU CAN ATTACK THEM."

So, that's really the right wing's goal, right there in a nutshell folks. They don't want to debate points or discuss issues, they want to attack those who disagree with them.

Now, this whole blog might read like an attack on MS Coulter, but I'm not attacking her, just her methods. If she came right out and said, "I think we need another three years in Iraq, I could debate that. But, she doesn't. She lumps anyone who wants out of Iraq into a big pile, calls them a liberal and proceeds to attack THEM, not their ideas, not debate the issues, but ATTACK THEM.

Am I the only one in this crazy world wondering why her book is #3 on the Amazon bestseller list? (The list is updated hourly.) Those are actual books sold. The New York Times Bestseller listing actually lists her at #1, but that's "Rankings reflect sales, for the week ending June 10, at almost 4,000 bookstores plus wholesalers serving 60,000 other retailers, statistically weighted to represent all such outlets. An asterisk (*) indicates that a book's sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A dagger (+) indicates that some stores received bulk orders. "

So, those aren't even sales to actual people because wholesalers sell to other bookstores. So, Thank God, she isn't as popular as she thinks she is.

Oh, and that brings me to the comment I left out above, she said, "You can't respond to these four women because everyone will get mad at you, but I went on the Today Show and criticized them and there hasn't been a peep about it as far as I can tell. Nobody complained. So, apparently, you can attack them."

(Don't write and say she was kidding, this woman doesn't have a sense of humor.)

Is she living in some sort of dream world? Or, does she just ignore those that do not belong to her right wing, narrow minded group?

Well, enough for now, time for me to get to bed, because this liberal, unlike conservative Coulter, has to work for a living.

No comments: