Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Jim Andrews -- son-of-a-bitch

Man, this paper gets worse every single day. First, we had to read about Fisk Johnson's divorce -- right there on page one. His divorce, in my eyes, is not my business, nor is it newsworthy enough to make the front page of the paper. Now, today, right there on the front page for all the world to see is the biggest, son-of-a-bitch I have ever known -- Jim Andrews.

I worked for Jim for a little over a year at his -- I can't believe he's still in business -- Sierra, Inc. He walked in the day after Labor Day, said he was tried of writing checks and proceeded to layoff five of his employees -- me included. When I left my job at MJ Care to go to Sierra, I would've never have gone if I had known I'd be there just a year.

And now, that son of a bitch is on the front page. I didn't read the article -- Cheryl's worried that I'll have some sort of stroke and she took it away from me -- but whatever this electric car angle is -- he doesn't promote anything unless there is something in it for him.

Keep that in mind. And, yes, I know I'm not being a good Christian because I've never really forgiven him for laying me off, but I'm working on it. And, yes, I know that some people can turn over a new leaf, but I believe he's turned over a new leaf about the same as I believe President Bush will have us out of Iraq by the time he leaves office.

God Bless

PS. There's another guy who actually fired me and I wasn't too keen on him for a while, but I did learn somethings at his company that helped me move on in life, so I really didn't hold a grudge. Anyway, a couple of years ago, I saw him and he said he had made a mistake when he had let me go. I just didn't want you to think that I hold grudges.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I just wanted to add my 2 cents here.

I used to work at Sierra as well back in 2001. I can't necessarily refer to Jim as a son-of-a-bitch, but I'm sure I did so at the time! You do make some valid points. One of them especially is "how can this company still be in business?" I mean, really now... look at that disgrace of a website! Dig in to the pages a little more and find that it's a wholesale copy of someone else's design (what's "One Stop Security" anyway?) And while I used to admire "The Sierra Story," it gets more than a little blase after a while to ride the coattails of Walmart.

I've defined my feelings for JA more along the lines as "the man I hate to love." I have always liked the guy and am drawn to the better aspects of his personality. I got a really great start working at his company, and for that I'll always be grateful.