Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Crawford's Take: Fourth Amendment...Pass it on!

I'm not going to pretend that I thought of posting the 4th Amendment. I saw Renee Crawford's blog suggesting that all of us bloggers post the 4th Amendment.

Considering a discussion I had with my younger brother about it being okay for President Bush to order illegal wiretaps without obtaining warrants, because we're at war, I hope he reads this amendment -- it doesn't give the President a way out by saying all of this doesn't matter if the nation is at war.

Bush broke the law and apparently Congress, with the exception of Feingold and Harkin, is too weak-willed to call the President on his illegal activity and censuring him. They weren't weak-willed about censuring Clinton for lying about sex.

Hypocrites.

So, anyway, here it is -- the 4th Amendment of the United States Constitution:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

God Bless

No comments: