Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, March 10, 2006

Bush Worried about Arab Message

President George W. Bush says "In order to win the war on terror, we've got to strengthen our relationships and friendships with moderate Arab countries." He believes the failed port deal sends the wrong message to our Arab buddies.

Really?

What message did you not want to send, Mr. President?

The message that if you funded terrorists, which the United Arab Emirates did and if two of the 9/11 hijackers came from your country, we're not turning over the safety and security of our shipping ports over to you.

Apparently, Mr. President, you wanted to send the message that we're tough on terror, but only if you're in a country we're not too keen on.

Personally, I don't think any of our major shipping ports should be controlled by any company that is owned by a foreign company, period. I don't care if the father company is in Britian, we should control our own shipping ports, our own airports and our own roads and borders. We should not be putting the safety of the American public in the hands of someone who isn't an American.

That's the message I want sent to all nations, Mr. President, and you should, too.

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If this is from Rove's playbook, I think he's lost his mind.

The President is weaker now than a month ago, and a month ago, he was pretty weak.

Bush can deal with the (friendly) leaders in the Middle East.

He likes them and they like him.

He never thought this deal would be a problem. Mostly because he doesn't believe his rhetoric.

I'd bet he was shocked and awed by the response of the public on this deal.

Julie said...

I agree with Lee. I don't think Rove and Bush got together to roll out this plan so the Republicans look strong. I think they look even weaker from this standpoint. I think Bush considers this country our friends, like he thinks of the Saudis, despite intelligence to the contrary. I think he figured we -- the American Public -- would just fall in line behind him.