Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Nissan Computers

Sorry I haven't posted in quite a few days, but Christmas is around the corner and I've been busy...

Anyway, my car's heater went out -- good timing as it is 6 degrees outside. So, it's in the shop overnight and I rented a car. I rented a Nissan Maxima. I didn't ask for the car, I only requested a car. I could've rented a Ford F-150 for the same price. I liked the way the car handled and some of the features, so I thought I'd do some research on Nissan's website regarding their cars and then, I figured I'd write a blog about it.

So, I enter www.nissan.com into my browser's address bar and I was taken to the site of Nissan Computers and I've learned that Nissan Motor is suing Nissan Computers for using the name Nissan.

Well, that's not right.

You see, Nissan Computers is owned by a man named Uzi Nissan. Nissan has been his family's name for generations. When he began his Nissan business holdings, Nissan Motors was still known as Datsun -- remember the Datsuns?

Well, that hasn't stopped a court from seeing things in Nissan's favor (the car company, not Mr. Nissan). This is outrageous.

Now that I've read Mr. Nissan's story and the corruption of our courts -- talk about activist judges -- I have decided that I cannot in good conscience even consider buying a Nissan vehicle. That, by the way, is not an idle comment, as both Cheryl and I will be needing new vehicles in the next two years. Mine is nearing the 130,000 mile mark and Cheryl's car is 14 years old.

So, I ask all of my readers to check out the story and read it for yourself. If you are as upset by this turn of events as I am, please do not consider buying a Nissan for your next vehicle purchase.

God Bless.

No comments: