Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, December 05, 2005

Card Carrying Lesbian

For years, I've joked with family and friends that I have a Dyke Card, which would be taken away by some indiscretion -- such as not being a vegatarian or being pro-life. Anyway, it was just a joke.

But, not anymore.

I paid my membership fee to the Lesbian Alliance Metro Milwaukee (LAMM). -- Okay, truth be told, Cheryl sent in my renewal. Anyway, I received a very nice letter from Erin, thanking me for my continued support, a bookmark from Community Shares and (drumroll please)

A membership call that proudly proclaims that I am a "Proud Card Carrying Lesbian".

I guess now, I've become a real card carrying lesbian. It only took twenty years!

God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations. I think we should all have one and display them proudly, like a parking pass :) lol

Julie said...

I think we should be able to put it on our driver's licenses. I hate having to come out, because apparently I don't look like a lesbian!