Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another False Accusation

I have a question. With less than a week to go before the election is the McCain/Palin ticket so desparate to win that they will have Palin say anything that pops into that pretty little head of hers?

Now, she's accusing Obama of being friends with a professor that has PLO ties, which both Obama and the professor denies. According to
CNN.com , the professor said "I am not speaking to the media at this time, and certainly not until this idiot wind passes."

Are they just throwing crap and hoping something sticks?

What it comes down to is what I think will happen with Obama.

Under the current administration (and McCain has voted with the current administration 90% of the time), we haven't put any money into our own infrastructure. We've been too busy rebuilding Iraq's (and not doing a very good job of it). We haven't made America safer. Think about it -- the children of Iraq who have lost mothers and fathers will be adults. And, what will they know? They will know that America bombed their country and then didn't rebuild. They will here that we're evil and some of them will grow up to become terrorists. So, just how did we make America safer in the last eight years?

I'm hoping with Obama that he will seek ways to build a good relationship with the Iraqis as we withdraw our troops.

And, as all things do, it comes down to money for me. John McCain is proposing to tax the healthcare benefits provided by my employer to the tune of costing me and in the end, I will end up paying an extra $821.84 per year. Under Obama -- if he's true to his word -- he's proposing a tax break to the tune of around $600.00 per year.

Which one would you chose?

God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I don't want to choose either of them. My top pick in this election would have to be "none of the above". I certainly don't believe anything that either one of them are saying at this point. In my opinion, there are two really scary things about the election next week: first, one of these two is going to win, and second, whoever doesn't win will start campaigning for 2012 on Wednesday morning.