Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Palin Factor?

I found this quote on CNN.com today in an article entitled "Could Palin factor save McCain?". I thought I'd just pass it along to see if everyone else feels the way I do about it.

Here's the quote:


"'It may well be that there is ... a group of people out there now who find it politically incorrect to be for Sarah Palin in public, but they're going to vote for her in the privacy of the voting booth,' said David Gergen, a CNN senior political analyst."


Here's my question and I think it is reasonable...Why is it politically incorrect to be a Palin supporter?

I mean, she's for guns, she's a woman, she's a hockey mom, she hates gays (supporting an anti-gay amendment means you hate gays, let's not pretend it doesn't) and she's a very right wing Christian.

What's so politically incorrect?

Here's my take: I'm supporting Obama. When asked, I say I'm supporting Obama. Was I happy about his choice of Biden, no, honestly, I wasn't, but hey, I've looked up Biden and I think he's an okay guy. But, in the end, I'm voting for Obama. Now, do I think he made a good choice with Biden. Sure, I trust that Biden could carry out the office of the President if, God forbid, Obama can't. But, let me make this clear, I'm not voting for Joe Biden. I'm casting my vote for Barack Obama.

Now, this Palin factor the article mentions confuses me, because she's not running for President -- in case people have to be reminded, John McCain is running for President. Now, do I think she's a good choice, HELL NO. Do I think he should've picked someone else? HELL YEAH! Do I think if McCain can't finish out his term that she could. NO FREAKING WAY! God help us all if that happens. Still, I know some people disagree with me and think she'd be a great VP and, if needed - oh, God FORBID -- she'd be a great President. I just don't understand where David Gergen thinks these people are.

But then, I've never understood dishonest people.

God Bless

2 comments:

Zeta Thompson said...

You have hit the nail on the head. It seems to have somehiw become a race between Obama's policies and Palin's popularity.

At the time he chose her I said it was a great publicity move, but put the nail in his coffin for informed voters. Maybe they are counting on them to stay home and only the uninformed ones to make it to the polls?

And for the record, I have nothing against MOR (middle of the road) republicans. That is what McCain seemed to be until he started this whole 'I am a rebel campaign and picked Mrs. right wing, Phyllis Schaffley wannabee as a running mate. I did not care for either candidate's platforms or histories especially (yes I was leaning toward Obama or the Green Party but could have been swayed.) But picking Palin made me a firm Obama voter. Why? because yet again I am voting against a potentially harmful government. I just wish for once we could get a candidate that I liked.

Julie said...

I wonder if I'll ever get to vote for a President because I like him and not because I hate the other guy again. Because, I know I'll take heat for this, I still like Bill Clinton. :-) I liked him when I cast my vote for him, so I wasn't voting against Bush the First. Come to think of it, I liked Bush the First, but during his Presidency the tax deduction for interest was removed and I just couldn't vote for him after that.