Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rush Insults Troops

I'm constantly reading stories about some liberal who is being called on the carpet for insulting our troops.  Yet, the biggest conservative in the country (Rush Limbaugh) can refer to our troops who do not support the War in Iraq as "phony soldiers" on September 26 and I don't see anything about on CNN.  (Admittedly, my pc at home is shot, so I might've missed something.)

We need to tell this blowhard to shut his non-serving, 4F mouth when it comes to the troops.

Everyday, our service men and women risk their lives so I can sit in my armchair and exercise my right to free speech.  They deserve our praise, support and our applause, not insults and scorn.

I'm a military brat and I take great pride in my retired Navy father (who fought in 'Nam) and my late, Army serving grandfather (who landed at Normandy).

I do believe in Rush having free speech, but sometimes free speech goes too far -- and just as you can't yell fire in a crowded movie theatre, you shouldn't be allowed to insult our troops.  The men and women who serve our country deserve our respect and should not be insulted because they exercise their right to free speech.

No matter which side of the issue you're on.

God Bless

 

No comments: