Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, October 19, 2007

Healthcare, kids and the Republicans

Yesterday, the Republicans said no to healthcare for needy children.  Today, I read the poll results that 8 out of 10 Americans support this program.

Now, you can't get 8 out of 10 Americans to agree on what to eat for dinner, when 8 out of 10 of us agree on a healthcare program for children, shouldn't Congress agree with us?

Let me make a comparison...

Back when the anti-gay amendment was being thrown around the Wisconsin Legistlature, I was told by my state senator (who was Cathy Stepp) that we should leave it to the voters.  It was up to us Wisconsinites on whether or not this should become a Wisconsin State Amendment.  It's all about the voters.

Well, the voters want this, so why isn't Congress -- and by Congress I mean the REPUBLICANS -- overriding Bush's veto?

I guess because they really don't care about what 8 out of 10 Americans care about.

God Bless

No comments: