Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, October 12, 2007

Computer Update...

Well, Best Buy called yesterday with good news and bad news.  The good news is that my screen has been repaired, my laptop is fine and they cleaned out the fans -- all of which is covered under my warranty, which expires this month.  The bad news is that the blue screen of death which I received is NOT a hardware issue (if you had seen the error message, you would've thought it was a bad harddrive).  But, they can reinstall Windows for $129.00 or I can contact Gateway and purchase a restore CD and wait 6 to 8 weeks for it to get here.

I opted for the former and should have my laptop back on Saturday.  Why can I only keep a laptop running for 3 years?

Oh, well, a new laptop is not in the cards until next summer, so hopefully, this one will keep chugging along until then.

The good news for you, dear readers, is that I'll be able to update the site to look a little better AND I'll be able to write early morning posts!  Yea!

God Bless

No comments: