Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, November 21, 2005

Wisconsin - Today's the Day

I just wrote a terrific post regarding the Anti-gay marriage ban that the legistlature will be deciding on today. I wrote about how you shouldn't be fooled by the hatred of the right wing and how gay marriage won't harm straight marriages, etc. And, somehow, I lost it all by trying to select my whole post to change the font! The whole thing. And, of course, I was writing off the top of my head, so I didn't have any notes or anything to go by.

I'd just like to say that the right wing is wrong on this issue. Gay marriage will not hurt anyone and it would improve the lives of countless people. This is retroic it's the truth. Anyone, who would support an amendment that restricts someone else's rights, has hate in their heart. Plain and simple -- hate. That right-wing crap about love the sinner, hate the sin. That's coming from the same people who brought you "9/11 happened because of gays and lesbians" and "the hurricane hit Louisana because of gays and lesbians". Keep that in mind when you vote next November. Do you really want to throw your lot in with "those" people?

Jesus told us in Matthew what will happen during the final judgment and no where in there did He mention gays and lesbians. He did mention goats and sheep. Sheep look out for their fellow man and Goats don't. Sheep spend eternaty with Jesus and Goats are sent to the fires of Hell. (Full passage below.) You need to decide, are you going to be a Sheep or a Goat? Will you vote against a ban that will harm your fellow human beings or will you throw caution to the wind and vote for it? Will you be able to look God right in the eye and say, "Yep, I dashed the hope of gays. I destroyed their families. I made it harder for them to protect their rights as human beings."?

Well, will you?

And, when you do, just where do you think you'll be standing when its all over?

God Bless

The Final Judgement

When the Son of Man comes in his glory with all of his angels, he will sit on his royal throne. The people of all nations will be brought before him, and he will separate them, as shepherds separate their sheep from their goats.
He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, "My father has blessed you! Come and receive the kingdom that was prepared for you before the world was created. When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me."
Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?"
The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me."
Then the king will say to those on his left, "Get away from me! You are under God's curse. Go into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels! I was hungry, but you did not give me anything to eat, and I was thirsty, but you did not give me anything to drink. I was a stranger, but you did not welcome me, and I was naked, but you did not give me any clothes to wear. I was sick and in jail, but you did not take care of me."
Then the people will ask, "Lord, when did we fail to help you when you were hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in jail?"
The king will say to them, "Whenever you failed to help any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you failed to do it for me."
Then Jesus said, "Those people will be punished forever. But the ones who pleased God will have eternal life." (Matthew 25:31-46)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very interesting. I am going to begin reading your blog regularly.

Julie said...

Thanks for the comment. Be sure to stop back again!