Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Comments

You know, I don't trust anyone who moderates their comments before they allow them to be posted. I think it's rude. I read the comments written and, I haven't had a need as of yet, I plan on removing/deleting any cuss words. This is a family friendly site. Now, I'm not like some bloggers who believe they are being stalked. They even go as far as to prevent people from writing comments. Yet, they will comment on the deleted comment, which I believe is wrong.

I don't believe anything until I can see it for myself. If you just tell me that the rant was off-topic and disgraceful, how do I really know that? I don't. Heck, you could really write the comment yourself and just say it's from a liberal / conservative that is stalking you.

So, anyway, I wrote a comment on a blog I'm not mentioning whose. But, I'm pretty sure that I wrote a comment larger than what ended up there. But, I'm not positive. So, this time, I kept a copy for myself. (See below.) If it is edited for comment, I'll know and I'll let you know just who censored it.

Origninal, with "moderator's" comments are in bold:
Just a quick question...Why delete a liberal's post, unless you are editing for foul language, what's the point?

RV: The point has been made clear a thousand times, Julie. And I delete the childishness of cussing people out, degrading veterans and commenting off topic.

If they are truly ranting for ranting's sake, aren't they just proving your point?

RV: My posts say time and time again that they're proving my point. Do you read?

New Comment:
"Okay, but how do I, someone who did not read the post you deleted, know that they are proving your point? I didn't read the comment myself.
I can understand censoring out words that cannot be used in mixed company, but why not just x-out those words and let the rest of the rant stand?
And, yes, I can read. I'm pretty good at it, despite my public school education.

Oh, I should mention that I have actually deleted comments left on one of my blogs, but they weren't comments, they were ads."

I should note that before I decided to post this comment, I went back to see if my above comment had been added -- it hadn't. So, I thought maybe something was wrong and I've re-sent it.



God Bless.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Just a follow up. RepublicanVet posted a comment on my Veteran's Day blog. Below, is just the last paragraph because I think he really was aiming for this post. You can read the whole comment (and the post) under November's archives.

"Sniff sniff. Your immaturity was deleted from my blog. Next time you lie to yourself on here, make sure it's not so obvious."

I guess I was too immature for him.