Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Open Hearing in Madison

Today the ONLY Public Hearing on the anti-gay amendment was held in Madison. One public hearing on an amendment to our state constitution. Unfortunately, I had to work, so I missed my one opportunity to let the piss-poor representatives of this state know how I feel -- how this will hurt my wife, my children and my extended family.

Here's a thought, while the lame wing is out discussing how gay families will harm America, maybe, we should bring up the idea that gays will no longer have to pay taxes in this state. Let's do it. No more giving this state our hard earned dollars. Why should we? We don't have equal protection under the law. We aren't treated as full citizens, so why should we be forced to pass along our money to support a bunch of straight people?

Why?

Do I use WIC?
No.
Do I send my kids to public schools?
No.
When I've needed a police officer, was one there?
No -- just trust me on that.
Will my wife be able to apply and utilize state funded health care?
No -- why, you ask. Because if she does, the state will force me to sell our home to pay for it. There are no protections to allow me to live in the house.
Will I be able to apply for her social security?
No.
If social security is privatized, will she be able to leave any of it to me?
No.
If she gets sick and needs round the clock care, will I be able to make that decision?
No -- not if the amendment passes, as that would be a right reserved for "married" people.

Remember -- this'll hurt Wisconsin, not help it.

BTW, nothing bad has happened to Massachuets since gay marriage was legalized there, but Florida and the rest of the anti-gay south has been hit with horrible hurricanes. Hmmm, wonder what God must be thinking.

God Bless.

No comments: