Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Saturday, February 09, 2008

My Knee, My Poor, Poor Knee

So, last Tuesday I'm walking across the parking lot at work and I fall on the ice. (There was no salt and the lot was a sheet of ice) I smashed pretty darn hard on my right side, hurting my right knee. Thanks to some co-workers, I limped my way to my desk and didn't move for most of the day. (I did report it to HR)

Anyway, I went to the clinic my employer wanted me to go to and the doctor says it is just a bad sprain. No big deal, right? It's just a sprain. I take it easy for a few days and everything will be okay.

So, I spent the rest of the week limping around and being careful. Well, today my leg feels fine. I stop limping and I get one with my normal routine. Cheryl tells me that we're out of litter and asks if I mind going to the store to buy some. Sure, I tell her. And, off to the pet store I go.

Well, Mr. Mann will poop outside the litter box if we buy scented litter, so I look on the shelf for unscented and it's way in the back. No problem -- I'll just kneel down and grab a box. Well, that was a mistake. The very second I put weight on my knee, I felt a very sharp pain.

I know it's not that big of a deal if I can't kneel while my knee heals, but damn, I've got to remember that I can't. I came home tonight, went to plug in my laptop and did it again!

Man, that hurt!

And, I just wanted to complain about that.

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I feel you, It happened to me twice... I fall on my butt 2 times when I was bringing all the garbage out...and it was really so hurting. :(

Julie said...

I'm sorry you are in pain, but I'm glad to see that I'm not the only suffer. The ice and snow have just been terrible this winter. I learned this morning that I have to do physical therapy!